The Primate, in response to the request made by Archbishop Joseph A. Vellone of the Archdiocese of California, for a coadjutor bishop, has appointed the Most Reverend Ivan A. Castañeda, until now Auxiliary Bishop of California.
The Most Reverend Joseph A. Vellone, Metropolitan Archbishop of the Archdiocese of California has appointed His Excellency, The Most Reverend Ivan Alberto Castañeda, currently Auxiliary Bishop of the Archdiocese of California as Vicar General of the Metropolitan Archdiocese of California.
– Curriculum Vitae –
Mons. Ivan Alberto Castañeda was born on 16 July, 1954 in Managua, Nicaragua in the Metropolitan Archdiocese of Managua. He began his ecclesial formation in the Church Divinity School of the Pacific, Berkeley, CA (2005) and subsequently at the Everglades University, Everglades, FL (2009). He also holds a Bachelor’s degree from Everglades University in Alternative Medicine. He was ordained priest on 19 June, 2013 for the Metropolitan Archdiocese of California. He was consecrated bishop on 4 October, 2017.
He has held the following offices:
- Auxiliary Bishop, NAORCC Utrecht Succession, Archdiocese of California (2017-Present);
- Bishop and Vicar Apostolic General, Provinces of Nicaragua and Central America (2017-Present);
- Parish Priest, Jesus El Buen Pastor Food Ministry, San Francisco, CA (2015-2018);
- Founder, Jesus El Buen Pastor, Radio Ministry, KIQI San Francisco, CA (2013-2017);
- Rector, Jesus El Buen Pastor Old Roman Catholic Church, San Bruno, CA (2013-Present);
- Volunteer Priest, San Francisco Night Ministry, San Francisco, CA; 2011-2015;
- Chaplain, San Francisco General Hospital, San Francisco, CA 2002-2016;
- Radio Host, La Mission de Jesus, KIQI San Francisco, CA (2000-2014);
- Volunteer Priest, La Misión de Jesus, San Leandro, CA (2000-2014);
- Volunteer Medical Missionary, La Misión de Jesus, San Leandro, CA (2000-2014).
This is an update post.